April Movie Night at Pomegranate Cafe
“RACE TO NOWHERE”
“Race to Nowhere” is a film that calls us to challenge current thinking about how we prepare our children for success. Named by TakePart.com as one of “10 Education Documentaries You Don’t Want to Miss”, “Race to Nowhere” brings communities together to spark dialogue and galvanize change in America’s schools.
Featuring the heartbreaking stories of students across the country who have been pushed to the brink by over-scheduling, over-testing and the relentless pressure to achieve, “Race to Nowhere” points to a silent epidemic in our schools. Through the testimony of educators, parents and education experts, it reveals an education system in which cheating has become commonplace; students have become disengaged; stress-related illness, depression and burnout are rampant; and young people arrive at college and the workplace unprepared and uninspired.
Shown nationwide and internationally in more than 6,000 schools, universities, cinemas, hospitals, corporations and community centers, “Race to Nowhere” has become the centerpiece of a nationwide, grassroots movement for the transformation of education.
Featured in the film:
- Dr. Madeline Levine, Clinical Psychologist and author of the best-seller, The Price of Privilege
- Dr. Wendy Mogel, Clinical Psychologist and author of The Blessing of a Skinned Knee
- Dr. Kenneth Ginsburg, Adolescent Medicine Specialist, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Dr. Deborah Stipek, Dean of the School of Education at Stanford University
- Dr. Denise Pope, Co-Founder, Challenge Success, Stanford University
- Sara Bennett, Founder, Stop Homework
For more information visit: http://www.racetonowhere.com/